Do’s and Don’ts for Summer Pests
Summer is coming! This means lots of backyard barbeques, pool splashing and taking summer vacations! The problem is that while you are out of the house, all the pests will be attempting to get inside! It’s nice and cool and provides lots of shade for them.
With summer months, many pests like ants, flies, gnats, roaches, wasps and even rodents become more active. Here is a list of the do’s and don’ts to keep the summer pests away!
- Replace your weather stripping around the windows and doors. Repair any loose mortar around the foundation of your home.
- Keep the kitchen and the counters clean! Store food in airtight containers.
- Get rid of any area that has standing water.
- Keep your landscaping tidy and maintained.
- Remove any hiding places that pests would like.
- Divert the rainwater away from the house.
- If you have a basement, attic, or crawl space keep it well ventilated and dry.
- Get rid of any overripe fruits and veggies.
Most importantly, call a professional if you have a pest infestation! Having an infestation comes with an increased risk of property damage and bodily injury.
- Leave pet food out for long periods of time.
- Let the garbage compile and get out of hand.
- Leave your sink full of dirty dishes.
- Store firewood and building materials against the home.
- Ignore any cracks or openings around the foundation of the home. Arizona Pest Control Near Me Mesa
- Let your sprinklers spray towards the foundation of your house.
- Let moisture accumulate in your house.
- Give any pest a free meal.
Most important don’t is do not remove a pest infestation on your own! It can be to dangerous and also inefficient to deal with it on your own. Arizona Pest Control Near Me Mesa
Contact Lady Bug Pest Control Specialists. We offerFree Home Inspection for Termites, Eco-Friendly Pest Control, Home Seal Service, Bed Bug Eco-Heat, and Rodent Control. We perform Complete Home Inspections. Lady Bug also will do a free termite inspection if you already are under contract with another company and take over your existing termite warranty policy. Please feel free to contact Lady Bug Pest Control Specialists to answer any of your pest control questions or for a FREE Inspection. 480-833-1111.