Some biting bests like mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks will be most active during the warm months. Bed Bugs are active year round and can become a larger concern with summer vacation and traveling. Mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, and bed bugs do not bite out of self-defense, they bite because they need a blood meal. Some biting insects only cause itchy welts on the skin, but others can pose a serious threat. Here is a guide to teach you what there is to know about these common biting pests.
- Best known summer pest because of their pesky nature. There is about 170 different mosquito species just in North America. Their color is usually brown, gray, or black. Some typically have white, silver, green or iridescent blue scales.
- Mosquitoes need water to breed. They can usually be found near water (of all sizes). They can be seen by ponds, bayous, bird bathes or even your own backyard. They also spread serious diseases like West Nile Virus, Eastern Equine Encephalitis and Dengue Fever. Around our world these pests have spread yellow fever, malaria and the Chikungunya Virus.
- To keep these pests off your property, eliminate their breeding grounds. Drain standing water from flower pots, birdbaths, grill covers, baby pools, and other sources that are holding water.
- Some unique: Only female mosquitoes bite and feed on humans. They find you by detecting body heat and carbon dioxide that we exhale.
- A parasite that feeds on the blood of any warm-blooded animal or human. Most common type of flea is the cat flea. It’s meal choice is cats, dogs, and humans. Most fleas are dark red-brown in color and range in size from 1/12 to 1/6 inches long. Exterminator Near me Fountain Hills AZ
- Fleas attach to household pets, rodents and wild animals like raccoons and skunks. An adult cat flea will remain on their host at all times. This isn’t true for all species of fleas.
- Fleas bite their host and that leads to a painful, itchy red bumps. The saliva on a flea can also cause serious flea allergy dermatitis in pets. Fleas also have been known to spread disease: rare bubonic plaque and the bacterial disease murine typhus.
- Best way to protect your pets and family is to use active flea management. This includes bathing and grooming regularly, visiting your vet and also using a flea treatment during the warm months. Exterminator Near me Fountain Hills AZ
Contact Lady Bug Pest Control Specialists. We offer Free Home Inspection for Termites, Eco-Friendly Pest Control, Home Seal Service, Bed Bug Eco-Heat, and Rodent Control. We perform Complete Home Inspections. Lady Bug also will do a free termite inspection if you already are under contract with another company and take over your existing termite warranty policy. Please feel free to contact Lady Bug Pest Control Specialists to answer any of your pest control questions or for a FREE Inspection. 480-833-1111.