Treating Bed Bugs
There are several ways to treat an infestation of bed bugs; using chemicals and non-chemical treatments.
- Wash and dry all bedding, clothing, and anything else you can on a very high temperature. It will kill the bed bugs
- Apply heat of 113 degrees or higher to any infested article or area for at least an hour. The higher the temperature, the less time needed to kill the bed bug at any life cycle.
- Cold treatments can also kill some infestations. Temperature has to be below 0 degrees Fahrenheit. The colder you can get it, the less time you have to spend killing the bugs.
- Using mattresses, box springs, and pillow cases can aid you in trapping the bed bugs. This is the prime area the will be, therefore, it makes it easier to detect an infestation.
- There are over 400 products available to consumers to use against bed bugs. There is a list with the EPA to help determine what product will be best for your particular need. Ask yourself these questions to help determine what product is best: Where will you be using this product? (bed? Whole house? One room?) What product most interests you? Is there a particular ingredient you want to use? Looking for a specific company or name? How To Get Rid of Bed Bugs Cave Creek AZ
- If you are unsure of where to begin, reach out to your local pest control company for their advice and help.
- EPA’s warning is to never use a pesticide indoors if it’s purpose is for outdoor use. This is very dangerous and also will not solve the problem.
- If you use the wrong pesticide or use it incorrectly to treat bed bugs, you risk becoming sick, not solving the problem, and may force the bed bug into hiding making it harder for the right pesticide to reach them.
- Always double check to make sure the pesticide works against bed bugs---if they are not listed on the product label, chances are that product has not been tested on that particular pest.
- ALWAYS read the label first and follow directions
If there is no EPA registration number, the product has not been tested and reviewed by the EPA. How To Get Rid of Bed Bugs Cave Creek AZ
Contact Lady Bug Pest Control Specialists. We offerFree Home Inspection for Termites, Eco-Friendly Pest Control, Home Seal Service, Bed Bug Eco-Heat, and Rodent Control. We perform Complete Home Inspections. Lady Bug also will do a free termite inspection if you already are under contract with another company and take over your existing termite warranty policy. Please feel free to contact Lady Bug Pest Control Specialists to answer any of your pest control questions or for a FREE Inspection. 480-833-1111.