How to Protect Your Home from Termites
Termites will always be a threat to any home---but there are things that you can do during the year to help your local termite control company be more effective! Taking even the smallest steps will go a long way in termite prevention and also helping sustain an effective plan.
The first step is to eliminate the moisture conditions and also the termite food that is around the home. Doing this will make your home a lot less attractive to termites.
1. If you have a leaking faucet, water pipes, or a/c unit—get it repaired.
2. Keep all water away from the foundation of the home.
3. Clean out your gutters and downspouts routinely.
4. Keep plant cover and wood mulch to a minimum.
5. If there is standing water on the roof, get rid of it.
6. Keep all vents in the home clear and open
7. Make sure all entry points where water and utility lines/pipes are sealed.
Eliminating Food Sources
1. Keep any firewood, lumber and paper away from the foundation or crawl space of the home.
2. If you have stumps or debris near the home, get rid of it.
3. Outside vents should all have screens placed on them. Termite Pest Control Phoenix AZ
4. Routinely check decks or wooden fences for damage
5. Any wood on the home should not have any contact with the soil
Identify the Warning Signs
1. If you see a temporary swarm of winged insects in your home or in the soil that is near your home.
2. If you have cracked or bubbling paint.
3. Frass (termite droppings)
4. If you tap any wood and it has a hollow sound.
5. Mud tubes located on the outside walls, wooden beams, or in the crawl space
6. Wings that have been discarded from the swarmers. Termite Pest Control Phoenix AZ
Contact Lady Bug Pest Control Specialists. We offer Free Home Inspection for Termites, Eco-Friendly Pest Control, Home Seal Service, Bed Bug Eco-Heat, and Rodent Control. We perform Complete Home Inspections. Lady Bug also will do a free termite inspection if you already are under contract with another company and take over your existing termite warranty policy. Please feel free to contact Lady Bug Pest Control Specialists to answer any of your pest control questions or for a FREE Inspection. 480-833-1111.